Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eco-Chic

For the past few years, my school's Fashion Merchandising Society holds an "Eco-chic" Fashion Show, where designers can enter garments made out of recycled or eco-friendly materials. Sustainability in the fashion industry has always been an intriguing subject to me, and I regret not having made a garment for the show until now.

Considering that I am a senior, and this was my last chance to make an impression, I decided to go big. Though the show is not until December, I wanted to get an early start so I could potentially make more than one garment. Maybe I should wait to show it off but I'm just too happy with it!



The fabrics I used are all recycled upholstery fabrics. The black detailing was done by hand-sewing small trash bag rosettes onto the skirt, and the studs on the bodice were made from a soda can. Though I'm very proud of it, there's definitely still work to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Jill it's Jenna! (Brians cousin) and I'm so glad you posted your blog on Facebook becasue I've been reading and I love! Keep it up lady, very impressive.

    Jenna@The Paleo Project
    http://www.paleo-project.com

    ReplyDelete