Wednesday, June 2, 2010

modern day snow white

Snow White Holding Dress - classic-disney fan art

The Disney princess and my own personal childhood icon was my inspiration for this latest sketch.  I was inspired by her color palette, using blue as the bodice and yellow for the skirt.  I deviated away from red to avoid using all the primary colors, using a vibrant magenta to create a sort of inverted peplum at her waist.  I envisioned the skirt being very light yet voluminous, and would probably make it in some type of tulle.

I'm thinking about doing a series of sketches inspired by the Disney princesses, so if you have any requests you'd like to see feel free to leave a comment :)


2 comments:

  1. I love that sketch! What other Disney princesses do you think you'll sketch? Can't wait to see them all!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm working on Cinderella right now :) and I've got an idea for the little mermaid in mind!

    ReplyDelete