Tuesday, February 23, 2010

create, destroy, rebuild

one of the classes i am currently taken, which just so happens to be my favorite class, is my sewing lab. i've been sewing almost my entire life but with this class i already feel as if i've improved so much as a seamstress. we have three projects we must complete over the course of the semester: a skirt, blouse or shirtdress, and a pair of pants. today i completed my skirt out of muslin and finished the alterations to my prototype and to the pattern. i bought a beautiful forest green cotton/spandex blend for my fabric and it will have an invisible zipper down the center back seam. its a very simple pattern.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

oh and my favorite piece from the marchesa fall 2010 collection, though not showin in nyfw, marchesa is and has always been my absolute favorite designer. The hemline is youthful and fun and the one shoulder neckline is chic and interesting, not to mention the strikingly beautiful color, enjoy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment